I’ve always loved having a wander around Freo, and enjoying its many old buildings. Recently, I came across Moore and Moore Café in Fremantle, found in a heritage listed building on Henry Street. The café is close to all the action, but just enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main street and Fishing Boat Harbour for a quiet coffee.
The eclectic café’s home is the Moores building, a vast warehouse which is also home to a contemporary art gallery with lots of interesting and vibrant works by local artists.
You can choose to sit out in the courtyard.
We chose to sit inside, in the cosy front dining space, which had mismatched furniture. It was a lot quieter in here.
The Karvan Coffee is excellent.
At Moore and Moore, the kitchen is open 7am to 2.30pm. We were so pleased with our choice of dishes. The menu has a lot of options and locally sourced, organic produce is used. I enjoyed New Zealand king salmon, with crispy skin, a poached egg, delicious dill creme fraiche and rocket with blistered cherry tomatoes on Turkish toast ($21).
My husband loved the grilled gouda and parmesan potato cake, with runny poached egg, toasted broccoli and an organic sun dried tomato and cashew pesto ($19). He added bacon to the dish too.
There’s a lot to choose from in the cabinet too!
For the grandkids there’s a children’s menu and not one but two areas in the back courtyard where they can play. There’s a kid’s corner for toddlers that’s full of toys and a blackboard.
There is also a shady play area with sandpit and boat, as well as some brilliant climbing ladders for older children.
If you’re in Freo, take a walk off the beaten path and stop at Moore and Moore. It is an excellent spot for a coffee and delicious bite to eat.
Address: The Moores Building, 46 Henry Street, Fremantle
Disabled Access: Yes.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, kids menu, play areas, high chairs and toys.
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021
- Flic’s Kitchen, Mandurah - March 31, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- Decadent C’s, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- The Seniorocity Guide to Westfield Carousel - March 10, 2021