Popping up quite frequently on my Facebook page are adverts for the Venue Bar at the Mullaloo Beach Hotel; so my husband and myself, along with a group of friends decided to go along one evening and check it out.
We arrived just in time for “Happy Hour” which runs from 5pm -6pm every day, including the weekends.
Happy hour offers drinks at half price, making for a reasonably priced round when it’s your shout. We bought two cocktails and a pint of beer for the cost of $17. In addition to happy hour, the bar has a $10 meal special for the evening. There is a different offering each night; Monday to Thursday, and on this particular night the meal was a beef burger and chips. We ordered at the bar, were given our table number and the burgers came out quite quickly afterwards.
The advertising campaign is obviously working, as the place was pumping and seating was at a premium. Some people had obviously gone along just for happy hour as the crowd started to thin out around 6.30-7pm.
Because the bar is one large room, when it is busy it gets very loud and it can be quite difficult to hold a conversation. If you don’t like crowds and noisy venues you would better advised to try the quieter, more formal Cafe Bar next door where there is also a special meal deal Monday to Friday. Between 12-6.30pm you can enjoy a lunch or dinner special that includes a welcome drink, a mini starter and main course for $29. The Cafe Bar also hosts a ‘Ladies Night’ on Wednesday evenings, offering a 3-course set menu with a glass of Mumm Champagne for $33 – that’s the one we’ll be trying on our next get together…..
Need to know
Parking: Car parks across the road
Underground parking on premises
Accessibility: Steps from road level or lift access.
Happy Hour: 5-6pm Daily
$10 Meal specials Monday-Thursday (Venue Bar)
$29 Meal specials 12-6.30pm Monday-Friday (Cafe Bar)
$33 Ladies Night Wednesday (Cafe Bar)
- The Colony Concept, Metricup - February 23, 2021
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market - February 23, 2021
- WOW Illusions, Margaret River - February 12, 2021
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- ST.ALi Italian Film Festival 2020 - September 16, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020