Swell Mullaloo Beach is found at the Mullaloo Surf Life Saving Club. The cafe has beautiful views over the beach and ocean. At the entry, which is nearby to the Mullaloo Foreshore Park, there’s an alfresco deck for a casual coffee or bite to eat. Dogs are welcome in this area and water bowls are provided.
The modern interior is very “coastal’ with timber furniture and beautiful blue feature walls. Out the back is a balcony, which would be a lovely spot for a sunset dinner.
I visited Swell with my daughter and grandson for lunch. The Fiori coffee, roasted in the Swan Valley, is a good cuppa indeed.
On the lunch and dinner menu you’ll find small share plates, as well as more substantial dishes like burgers, gnocchi, salads and pizzas. The breakfast menu (7am till 11.30am) also looks tasty, with lots of options. I adored the 3 pulled WA lamb Kibbeh ($17.50). This Middle Eastern dish was so delicious. The meaty balls sit upon a generous serve of creamy hummus, za’atar and pomegranate.
My daughter chose the “many grains salad” (GFO) of quinoa, burghal, freekeh, charred cauliflower, PX crasins, almonds, ricotta, curry leaf, maple & turmeric dressing. It was a very generous and delicious dish, which can be enjoyed as is, or add chicken or salmon for an extra charge. I got to try a little too, as it was such a big serve.
My grandson was kept busy with a colouring/word search sheet till his Mac n Cheese arrived. All kids’ meals are $15 and include a drink.
We found the staff very friendly, attentive and only too happy to help.
All in All
Swell Mullaloo Beach is a great spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner with million dollar views.
Address: 11 Oceanside Promenade, Mullaloo, Perth.
Phone: 9307 1188
Disabled Access: Yes, parking in surf club car park, ramp to entrance and toilets.
Car Parking: There’s plenty of free car parking close by.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, kids menu and colouring in.
- Weekend Drives in Perth - July 24, 2021
- New Ritual, Midland - July 21, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - July 1, 2021
- Fitness Parks for Seniors in Perth - June 29, 2021
- Funk 2.0 , Henley Brook - June 29, 2021
- The Fave, Floreat - June 29, 2021
- Mandurah Cruises - June 25, 2021
- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, Naturaliste - June 22, 2021
- The Bell Tower, Perth - June 21, 2021
- AQWA -The Aquarium of Western Australia, Hillarys - June 21, 2021