One of the nicest days you could spend around Margaret River is no doubt a visit to The Berry Farm situated a very pleasant 15 minute drive from town. There is a large parking area that has many shaded trees and then a very pleasant stroll down some well looked after gardens to the cafe and cellar door.The cellar door is well known for producing fruit wines, dessert wines, ports, liqueurs, ciders and vinegars, my wife absolutely loved the Hazelnut Liqueur but I must say I thought their selection of ports was extremely good.
Many of their products are offered for sale in presentation packs, just the ideal thing for your special friends. They also have lots of jams and preserves from local producers.The Garden Cafe is a must for that snack or refreshment. For a small cottage cafe it has a varied menu to suit all tastes from Chicken Laksa to a Ploughman’s Platter or Crispy Skin Salmon Main which was there Fish Of The Day served with beetroot, hummus, broccoli, green beans and a Berry Farm Tapenade, sounds pretty good doesn’t it?
It has some lovely verandah spots to relax and enjoy the gardens and lawns.You will see lots of small birds, many of them blue wrens, they also have some interesting old photos around to view.Outside in the garden there is a well set out play area for grandkids to occupy themselves and an outside chess set to test your skills.We had a very nice Devonshire Tea inside the cafe to escape the wind, by pleasant staff at a reasonable price.We visited on a Weekday so it wasn’t all that busy but I do know on Weekends and holidays it can busy.The Berry Farm is a must visit when in the South West.
Where: 43 Bessell Road, Rosa Glen
Time: Open 10am to 4pm daily.
Contact: (08) 9757 5054
- Lucky Bay and Frenchmans Peak - June 6, 2019
- Eastern Foreshore Redevelopment Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- Dolphin Quays Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- BULLARA STATION STAY - November 15, 2018
- 80 Mile Beach Caravan Park - May 25, 2018
- Geraldton 24 Hour Free RV Camp - May 10, 2018
- Anniebrook Wine, Flowers, Gifts and Farm Cafe - March 22, 2018
- The Eagle Bay Brewing Co - March 19, 2018
- Woody Nook Winery - March 19, 2018
- The Shed Markets Busselton - March 12, 2018