Did you know there’s a very good brunch café in West Perth? I’m not talking West Perth’s main drag, frequented Monday to Friday by office workers, but the part of Perth on the escarpment of Kings Park, where many flash apartments are. The Mount Street Breakfast Bar is well worth seeking out. We park on the steep street. It’s paid parking, but free on weekends. The café is found at the lower end of the street. I’m told Mount Street looks just stunning in December when the Jacaranda lined street is in full flower. Most of the seating at Mount St Breakfast Bar is outside, tough the terraced area is covered and can be enclosed.
We sat on the large permanent tables on the roadside. These have cushioned benches and are shaded by trees. It’s a good spot to bring your pooch too. The friendly waitress first took our coffee order, as we looked over the menu. It’s a good brew!
My husband, an Englishman, picked British favourite breakfast staple Black pudding ($19). The blood sausage was very generous, and served with herby poor man’s potatoes, a runny poached egg and mojo verde. A delicious dish.
As we were nearing noon, I chose something more lunch-y than brunch-y. The wonderfully soft ricotta gnocchi ($20) is served with roast pumpkin, pistachio and rocket. I loved this and it was very filling.
The café is open 7am to 2pm daily and take bookings. On Fridays they also open in the evenings for drinks and tapas. Be sure to head to Mount St Breakfast Bar for a brilliant brunch or lunch, as well as coffee and cake (we had to take some brownies home for later!). It’s a lovely spot on the edge of the city and Kings Park.
Find Mount St Breakfast Bar at 42 Mount Street, Perth.
- Second Chance, Walliston - August 15, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - August 15, 2022
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022