If you want to find out about the town you are visiting then the best place to get some insider information is the local pub. Some people would argue that the local visitor centre is the best first stop, but I think it’s more fun at the pub, and its a win-win situation; you support local country businesses whilst getting all of the tourist information you require.
The Federal Hotel in Collie is one of those great information hubs. Full of friendly locals we were made to feel very welcome and spent a pleasant couple of hours chatting to the owners and locals and getting lots of ideas of things to see in and around Collie. I enjoy talking to locals, they are so passionate about the town they live in, and the locals in this pub were great for a good yarn and a quick game of darts.
A 5 minute stroll from Collie town centre, the heritage style pub itself dates back to 1901 and still has many original fixtures, such as pressed tin ceilings. The main bar is quite small but there is also a dining room and a beer garden. Meals are available for both lunch and dinner, with a different daily special on offer every day. On Sunday afternoons there is a “Sunday Session” featuring live entertainment. The bar, dining room, beer garden and toilets are all wheelchair accessible.
The hotel also offers single and twin air-conditioned accommodation, each with a fridge and TV and with balcony access from some of the rooms.
Address: 47-49 Throssell Street, Collie
Phone: 9734 2010
Opening Hours: 7 Days
Bar Hours: Mon-Sat 11.30am-11pm
Meal Hours: Lunch 12pm-2pm
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2021 - February 26, 2021
- The Colony Concept, Metricup - February 23, 2021
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market - February 23, 2021
- WOW Illusions, Margaret River - February 12, 2021
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- ST.ALi Italian Film Festival 2020 - September 16, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020