We love a drive around the Bickley Valley, whatever the weather. In winter the green hills are stunning and we like to find a spot with a cosy wood fire – like the Packing Shed. In summer we’ve been known to sit out on their patio with a chilled glass of wine. The Packing Shed is part of Lawnbrook Estate, one of the Bickley Valley’s many quality vineyards. The rustic eatery is a peaceful spot for a weekend lunch all year round. This time we visited for brunch, sitting outside, enjoying the dappled sunshine on the patio. It’s a beautiful outlook over the lawns.
The staff are always very welcoming and friendly. Their coffee is very good too.
I’ve ordered the quiche and salad ($14.50) more than once. The well-dressed side salad is always very fresh and tasty, using seasonal produce and the quiche filling changes often. This time it was a delicious roast pumpkin, tomato and caramelised onion combination.
If you have grandkids in tow, the kids menu has a few tasty options, like the kids platter. In the past, this has included a homemade sausage roll, cheese, crackers, apple, grapes and a chocolate chip cookie (may change). My grandson loved it. There’s also a corner with some books, colouring in and a few games to keep kids entertained. And cakes and fresh bakes for everyone in the cabinet – even some gluten free options.
While you’re at the Packing Shed, be sure to enjoy a wine or award winning gin tasting at the brand new Lawnbrook Estate cellar door. And afterwards, explore more of the Bickley Valley area of the Perth Hills. There’s wineries (like Hainault, Plume and Brookside), cafes, mini golf at Masonmill and the popular Core Cider House. I think the spot near Kalamunda is such a pretty drive, with native bushland, winding roads and rolling hills covered in vineyards and orchards.
Address: 19 Loaring Road, Bickley
Phone: 0490 678 998
Open: Friday to Sunday, 9am to 4pm
Parking: The main carpark is gravel and right next to the café.
Grandchild friendly: Kids menu and colouring in.
- Fremantle Library, Fremantle - January 18, 2022
- Mount St Breakfast Bar, Perth - January 13, 2022
- Escape This, Northbridge - January 13, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - January 8, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Albany - January 7, 2022
- Rockingham Foreshore - January 5, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 29, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Kimberley Tours from Broome & Kununurra - December 27, 2021
- The Packing Shed, Bickley Valley - December 27, 2021
- Where to Buy Indoor Plants in Perth - December 27, 2021