In the venue that was home to Saracen Estate wines and Duckstein Brewery ( and then Black Road Brewing Co after that), the space has now been rebranded as Caves Road Collective. Here you’ll find Dune Distilling, Ground to Cloud Wines and also Black Road Brewing Co. Whether you like beer, wine or spirits, you’ll find something here to enjoy. The grand entrance to Caves Road Collective features lily covered ponds and a striking horse statue.
The immense, modern building caters very well for people of all ages and large groups. Our table on the deck, overlooking the full dam, was a beautiful and serene place to sit. We popped in for some afternoon drinks. My husband is a keen real ale drinker and really loved the smooth Bao Bao Milk Stout. I just had to have a sip too!
Already having my fill of wines at several wineries earlier in the day, I opted for a herbal tea.
Caves Road Collective is home to a cellar door, restaurant and a microbrewery. You can drink and dine inside the brewery, grab a table on the decked veranda that’s right on the dam or sit out in the green beer garden, by the play area.
We didn’t eat on this day. If you do dine there you can expect a menu full of share plates. There’s charcuterie, crab dumplings, fries, seared scallops, and chargrilled lamb fillet and lots more – using local ingredients. If you’re visiting with grandchildren, they will love the fun playground. There’s a slide and lots to climb, as well as a big swing.
After our drinks, we took a walk over the bridge to the landscaped island. It’s a lovely spot for a wander.
We enjoyed our visit to Caves Road Collective. I’d certainly return to try the menu. The massive venue has plenty of tables inside, in the garden or on the deck and a lovely atmosphere.
Address: 3517 Caves Road, Wilyabrup, near Margaret River.
Phone: 9755 6500
Parking: Plenty of parking on site.
Grandchild friendly: Yes, kids menu, highchairs and playground.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021