Cooking, for me, is a chore. From thinking “what to make for dinner” to tedious food shopping. For many years, I’ve found myself cooking the same old dishes over and over. In recent times dinner box services have become very popular, and we recently road-tested a brand-new company called Every Plate. Every Plate makes your evening meal a new and enjoyable experience – something to truly look forward to!
Reasons to Try
There are many advantages to ordering nightly meals through a dinner box subscription service:
- Time saver – no wasting time procrastinating or food shopping.
- No food wastage – all ingredients are pre-portioned.
- Money Saver – dishes start from less than $5 per meal.
- Great for those who are housebound.
- You may even pick up some handy cooking tips and tricks to use in future.
- If you’re not sure, Every Plate offers some great discounts to try a box.
- Flexible – pause or cancel your plan at any time.
Each week, Every Plate offers a selection of 12 dishes to choose from online (including vegetarian and gluten-free options). You can order for 2, 4 or 6 people, and you can choose how many weekly meals you’d like too. This is easy and simple. From here, Every Plate does all the leg-work – shopping, meal planning and measuring the ingredients. These are packaged in a box with plenty of ice blocks and delivered to your door on Sunday. All you need to do is unpack the box into your fridge, and you’re all set for the week ahead.
Preparing each of the Every Plate meals is easy, using the step by step recipe cards and ingredients, including pre-mixed spices. There may be a few pantry ingredients you need to add – salt, pepper, oil, butter, mayo, that kind of thing. The only ingredient I had to go out and buy was white wine vinegar. Before I began, I did think that the meals looked a little simple. Once we had tasted them, we realised just how packed with flavour they are. The meals are perfect for people that aren’t confident with cooking an elaborate meal, but would like to try something different.
We found the ingredients high quality, and the prep to plate time is speedy. Many of the meals are prepared in around 30 minutes, some 20 mins, while others take a little longer. You won’t need any unusual cooking equipment, just a few pots and pans, knives etc.
We tried four meals per week, for a few weeks and enjoyed so many of the dishes. Many of them I would have never thought to make myself – like Caribbean and vegetarian dishes. There are also classics like bangers and mash, burgers, pasta and steak with salad. Here are a few of our favourites:
Honey mustard chicken with sweet potato mash and veggies.
Jerk chicken with corn salsa and garlic rice.
Haloumi and roast veggie medley with garlic yoghurt.
We were very impressed with the ease of Every Plate. My husband and I enjoyed trying something completely out of our comfort zone. The whole process is very simple and the hardest part really is deciding which meals to choose from their ever-changing online menu. I would certainly recommend the service to anybody. It certainly brought the excitement back into my kitchen!
For more information on Every Plate and to view this week’s menu visit www.everyplate.com.au
Seniorocity Every Plate Special offer
Get 40% off your 1st box, and 20% off your next 2 boxes with code SENIOROCITY.
Click here to sign up.
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021
- Flic’s Kitchen, Mandurah - March 31, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- Decadent C’s, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- The Seniorocity Guide to Westfield Carousel - March 10, 2021