The Currambine Bar and Bistro, is a huge, modern pub in Perth’s northern suburbs. The Bistro is very popular and has one of the largest menus I’ve ever seen. Located close to the Currambine Grand Cinemas, it’s a good spot for a pre-movie meal.
There’s the main bar, bistro dining room and more casual sports bar and a few outdoor balcony areas to sit. There’s also a more up-market cocktail bar. We chose to sit in the dining room, though there’s also plenty of tables around the bar area, balconies and some sofas near the bar if you’re after a more casual bite to eat.
There’s a good range of beers and wine, spirits and cocktails too.
The menu, actually there seems to be about four menus, is full of typical pub classics like beef and Guinness pie, chicken parmigiana, steak, pizza and fish and chips to choose from. There’s a daily specials menu too, making a choice can take quite some time!
I enjoyed the fresh grilled fish, well priced at $24, served with a garden salad, chips and tartare sauce.
My husband loved the enormous twice cooked Canadian maple pork belly ($35). This huge portion is served with red apple chutney, creamed spinach, potato rosti, crispy pancetta and lashings of gravy. There is even extra gravy in a little jug!
All in All
We always find the wait staff friendly at The Currambine. As far as suburban pubs go, we’d have to say The Currambine is always a good stop if you have a massive appetite!
Address: 14 Hobsons Gate Currambine, Perth.
Phone: 9305 4767
Mon-Tue 11am – 10pm
Wed-Thu 11am – 11pm
Fri-Sat 11am – 12pm
Sun 11am – 10pm
Disabled Access: Yes; parking and disabled toilet facilities.
Parking: There is a good sized car park at the rear of the venue.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes. There is a children’s menu available.
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022