We love watching Antique Roadshow and The Repair Shop If you love hunting for something old, enjoying a trip down memory lane, or are interested in the value of an antique of your own – the James Street Antique strip in Guildford has to be one of the best places in Perth to find what you’re looking for. Wedged between the Guildford Hotel and The Guildford Book Exchange (more on that in a bit), there’s a plethora of antique shops to discover.
It’s a relatively easy stroll, just 50 meters from beginning to end. There are stores specialising in restored furniture, ornaments and homewares from days gone by, and much, more! My grandson was fascinated by an old “wireless”.
As well as antique bric-a-brac, and furniture, you may pick up a retro find at the Guildford Book Exchange. This spot has been a staple on James Street for decades and it is a haven for book lovers, where you’re sure to find a good read, from a large selection of books.
For music lovers, The Guildford Book Exchange also has a big range of used records. Much of the albums and singles on vinyl are from the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s.
In between the antique shops, there’s a few cafes (Including Guildford Village Tea Rooms, The Chocolate Chilli Pork Company, and The Lounge Room on James) – where you’re sure to find something tasty and a good coffee to refresh you after all that shopping and browsing. Here’s the best treasure troves to find antiques in Guildford:
- Jones of Guildford, 165 James St
- Retrofind – Mid Century Furniture and Home Décor, 167 James St
- Basic Elements, 173 James St
- Curio Warehouse, 4/175 James St
- Dr Russell’s Imaginarium, 175 James Street (via the rear courtyard on Ethal Street)
- Georges Furniture Restoration Antique furniture store, 179 James St
James Street Antique Strip in Guildford is easy to get to by car or public transport, with a train station opposite the strip.
Find more places to visit and dine at in Guildford here.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront - December 2, 2020
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 20, 2020
- Skeetas, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- Café Fleur, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- The Little Nook, Darlington - October 28, 2020
- Museum of Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Goanna Golf, Bicton - October 8, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020