I found a gorgeous little coffee spot, hidden away at the Poste Garden Design Centre in Guildford. Café Poste opened earlier this year and is found at the old Guildford Post Office, overlooking the railway line.
The hole in the wall café has a Parisienne feel, with soft pinks and a stripy window shade. To eat there’s a limited brunch menu, with dishes like French Toast, baguettes and croissants on offer, as well as some scrumptious cakes and fresh bakes (including a few gluten free slices) in the cabinet.
The seating is mainly alfresco, covered from rain, right amongst all the lush plants and flowers.
There are also a limited amount of tables indoors. The Old Post Office provides lovely nooks to sit in, which are full of old fashioned character.
We place our order at the window. The friendly French barista is a real character and he even asked how warm/hot we’d like our coffee, which is very good. I loved my “special” coffee with almond milk.
My daughter enjoyed a herbal Ruby Tea Silk Road blend of green tea, rose petals and more.
We shared a very pretty strawberry cheesecake. It was as delicious as it looks!
Afterwards, we had a wander around the immaculately presented garden centre.
There’s plenty of gardening inspiration for green thumbs if you’re into succulents, indoor plants or something more classic.
There’s loads of pots…
and other collectables, like these beautiful old metal suitcases too.
All in All
Café Poste and it’s adjoining garden centre is delightful and is well worth a visit.
Address: 24 Stirling Street, Guildford
Phone: 9379 2388
Disabled Access: Many of the pathways are narrow and not easy to navigate with a wheelchair.
Distance from Car Parking area: There is street parking available.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, high chairs are available.
- Senior Card Dining Discounts at Perth Restaurants - May 13, 2021
- Bean 2 Brook, Pickering Brook - May 10, 2021
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021
- Flic’s Kitchen, Mandurah - March 31, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - March 17, 2021