Found up the pedestrian Central Mall (where the weekly Kalamunda Farmers Markets are held), you’ll find a new café – Little Kala. On a chilly, wet day we popped by for a brunch/lunch and a hot drink. We got all that, plus a very warm welcome too. The dining space has plenty of seating, and there are a few tables outside in the mall too.
The café has been open less than a year and has amassed a loyal local following. We start with a couple of cuppas. My coffee (flat white, decaf, soy milk) was excellent.
My husband got his cup of English Breakfast in a nifty mug, with strainer insert. I’d never seen tea served like this before!
There is an all-day menu with brunch and lunch dishes, as well as cakes in the cabinet. We hear that the curries are a particular favourite. My husband treated himself to the big breakfast, and it certainly lived up to its name. The plate was packed with crisp bacon, sausages, baked beans, two eggs (cooked how you like), mushrooms, tomato, spinach, toast and a hash brown. Very tasty and good value at $18.
I loved the Haloumi Sandwich ($18). It was a doorstopper, stuffed with grilled haloumi cheese, roasted red pepper, and pesto. The delicious sandwich was served with a good pile of chips on the side.
After stopping by Little Kala, why not browse the various gift shops and great second-hand book shop in the mall? Little Kala is also within walking distance of the Zig Zag Cultural Centre and Kalamunda Library.
Find Little Kala at Shop 10, Central Mall, Kalamunda.
- Old Mates, Kalamunda - June 9, 2021
- Black Pig Deli & Co, Inglewood - June 9, 2021
- Little Kala, Kalamunda - June 9, 2021
- Senior Card Dining Discounts at Perth Restaurants - May 13, 2021
- Bean 2 Brook, Pickering Brook - May 10, 2021
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021