Found up the pedestrian Central Mall (where the weekly Kalamunda Farmers Markets are held), you’ll find a new café – Little Kala. On a chilly, wet day we popped by for a brunch/lunch and a hot drink. We got all that, plus a very warm welcome too. The dining space has plenty of seating, and there are a few tables outside in the mall too.
The café has been open less than a year and has amassed a loyal local following. We start with a couple of cuppas. My coffee (flat white, decaf, soy milk) was excellent.
My husband got his cup of English Breakfast in a nifty mug, with strainer insert. I’d never seen tea served like this before!
There is an all-day menu with brunch and lunch dishes, as well as cakes in the cabinet. We hear that the curries are a particular favourite. My husband treated himself to the big breakfast, and it certainly lived up to its name. The plate was packed with crisp bacon, sausages, baked beans, two eggs (cooked how you like), mushrooms, tomato, spinach, toast and a hash brown. Very tasty and good value at $18.
I loved the Haloumi Sandwich ($18). It was a doorstopper, stuffed with grilled haloumi cheese, roasted red pepper, and pesto. The delicious sandwich was served with a good pile of chips on the side.
After stopping by Little Kala, why not browse the various gift shops and great second-hand book shop in the mall? Little Kala is also within walking distance of the Zig Zag Cultural Centre and Kalamunda Library.
Find Little Kala at Shop 10, Central Mall, Kalamunda.
- Second Chance, Walliston - August 15, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - August 15, 2022
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022