Maison Saint-Honore in the Swan Valley is a lovely little spot. Maison Saint-Honore started out at Farmers markets around Perth. Their fresh baked French macarons soon became very popular and they opened up the bakery and café a few years ago. Everything here is distinctly French, from the recipes to the accents. With the vineyards lining the outdoor area, you could be forgiven for thinking you’d arrived in Provence.
The interior has a rustic French provincial feel. Here there’s cabinets full of colourful macarons and desserts, as well as goods to buy and take away.
There’s plenty of seating inside and out. The walled garden dining area is always a popular place to sit.
Out the front there is a shaded deck area and picnic tables on the grass.
If you have grandchildren in tow, this spot is best, as it overlooks the play area.
Back to morning tea… We struggled with what to order. We’re spoiled for choice with cakes, desserts, tarts and more. Maison Saint-Honore also offers breakfast and lunch (think beef brisket baguettes and beef bourguignon) there are savoury crepes and croissants if you don’t crave something sweet. We chose:
A mango and vanilla mousse.
Cookies and cream cheesecake.
All the house made cakes, biscuits and slices are presented with a lot of technique and are absolutely scrumptious. Maison Saint-Honore is a delicious spot for a sweet treat and the coffee is very good too.
The French patisserie is a great place to meet up with friends.
We’d absolutely return for more authentic French delights.
Address: 100 Benara Road, Caversham.
Telephone: 9377 4674
Parking: There’s a sealed carpark, which often spills into the grassed overflow carpark.
Grandchild friendly: Yes. There is a playground, kids menu and highchairs.
Dog friendly: Yes dogs are welcome on a leash in the walled garden.
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022
- Gidgegannup Bakery and Café, Gidgegannup - June 30, 2022
- Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Garden and Farmers Market - June 26, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - June 24, 2022
- Lesmurdie Falls – Everything You Need to Know - June 8, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 8, 2022
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 23, 2022