Rats Bar and Kitchen Review
Just a short stroll from Albany’s iconic Middleton Beach is the Rats Bar and Kitchen on Adelaide Crescent. Part of a small block which also houses the Hooked on Middleton Beach fish and chip shop and the Bay Merchants café and wine store, the Rats Bar has been in operation for about eight years, according to our server.
Set in a historic cottage, the bar’s name has nothing to do with the ubiquitous Rapid Antigen Tests which are now a part of our pandemic life, it was named after the original owner and his family – Ralph, Astrid, Trish and Sarah.
A veranda and alfresco area make it an ideal spot to enjoy a glass of wine and watch the world go by, which is just what we did on a quiet, sunny afternoon
Rats has a small but good menu that includes local favourites such as Porongurup olives and Mt Barker hoisin chicken. The drinks menu concentrates on Great Southern wines and craft beers.
It’s lively at night so if that’s what you are after during a visit to Albany – head on down. But if you are like us and just want to unwind and relax in a comfortable atmosphere, then the afternoon is your best time to go to Rats.
Rats Bar and Kitchen
Address: 18C Adelaide Crescent, Middleton Beach, Albany
Phone: 08 9842 6331
Opening hours: Thursday to Monday 10am-9: 30pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Gluten-free options: Yes
Vegetarian options: Yes
Restrooms: Clean and accessible
Parking: Street parking available
- Mia Cucina, Hillarys - July 15, 2022
- Carramar 40+ Golf Club - May 19, 2022
- Frui Momento, Margaret River - May 9, 2022
- Boston Brewing Company, Demark - May 9, 2022
- Liberte, Albany - May 9, 2022
- Gourmandise & Co, Albany - May 9, 2022
- Emu Point Café, Albany - May 9, 2022
- Rats Bar and Kitchen, Albany - May 9, 2022
- Home Coffee Bar, Ocean Reef - May 6, 2022
- Ancient Empire Walk, Walpole-Nornalup National Park - April 29, 2022