Put March 14 and 15 in your diary – the annual Channel 7 Mandurah Crab Fest is nearly here! WA’s largest free regional festival, is a great spot to enjoy local food, entertainment and activities – and of course the iconic Blue Manna Crab.
The two day celebration of the blue manna crab, and other local produce from around the Peel region. Celebrity chef (My Kitchen Rules) and restauranteur Pete Evans joins the Crab Fest experience as this year’s culinary ambassador.
Seafood lovers can expect fresh and cooked crabs, crab inspired dishes and plenty more mouth-watering seafood (plus meat and veggie dishes too) from local restaurants and food trucks to be enjoyed alfresco style, by the water.
If you love cooking at home, get some handy tips from at the dedicated Coles Buy West Eat Best Cooking Stage, hosted by WA’s Food Ambassador Chef Don Hancey, along with Pete Evans, local chefs and TV personalities for live cooking demos and tastings throughout the weekend. Channel 7 personalities include Home and Away’s Sam Frost and Rob Kipa-Williams, as well as Kerry Hall from My Kitchen Rules.
There’s something to delight for everyone at Channel 7 Mandurah Crabfest this year. From local musicians, to Children’s entertainers and more. Saturday evening is all about the Crab fest sundowner featuring the brilliant Australian Army Band, playing a mix of family favourites, followed by spectacular fireworks over the Mandurah waterways (beginning at 8.30pm).
If you’re visiting with grandchildren, a children’s area offers free activities, entertainment and performances on the Stage.
How to Get There
If you don’t want to fuss with parking, getting the train is an incredibly easy way of getting to Crab Fest. Simply hop on a train on the Mandurah line and take a FREE shuttle bus from Mandurah train station, directly to the festival on the foreshore.
Crab Fest is now in its 22nd year, so if you’ve never visited, be sure to head along for a delicious day out!
Get more information on Channel 7 Mandurah Crabfest on the website. https://www.crabfest.com.au
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020