There are few farmers markets in WA where the produce is truly from the farmers you are buying directly from. The Manjimup Farmers Market has a true paddock to plate experience. Started by a passionate group of local farmers, who want to showcase the excellent produce which the Manjimup region grows. The markets are held on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Plus, the Saturday that falls on long weekends.
With good rainfall and nutrient rich soils, the farmland in the area is amongst the very best in Australia. The climate lends will to growing many types of fruit and veg, leading to an extensive offering at the market. You won’t get any fresher than this!
While a lot of fruit and veg is available year-round, much of it is seasonal. Visit during winter and you’ll find bountiful bunches of beetroot, as well as broccoli and apples. Spring greens like silver beet and spinach make an appearance from September. Summer brigs corn, garlic, lettuce and potatoes, with the warmer weather. If you visit in Autumn, expect to find stalls full of native finger limes, pomegranates, and many nut varieties.
As well as fruit and vegetables, there are also lots of country style preserves and freshly backed cakes on offer. Plus, there’s a selection of arts, crafts and the ever popular indoor plants.
Plenty of parking is available. And there’s a playground and skate park next to the markets, if you have grandchildren with you. If you’re heading to Manji, be sure to take an esky along and bring home some fresh treats from the Manjimup Farmers Market.
Find the Manji Farmers Market under the big white marquee at Manjin Park, Mottram Street.
- S&R Orchard Autumn Festival, Walliston - May 22, 2022
- Noble Falls, Gidgegannup - May 16, 2022
- Fred Jacoby Park, Mundaring - May 12, 2022
- Pemberton Tram Company, Pemberton - May 12, 2022
- Manjimup Farmers Market - May 11, 2022
- Southern Forests Chocolate Company, Pemberton - April 30, 2022
- Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree, Pemberton - April 30, 2022
- Golden Valley Tree Park, Balingup - April 30, 2022
- Sistas Mindarie - April 8, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - April 4, 2022