If there is one thing the Perth Hills town of Kalamunda is not short of, it’s a café! Currently there are over 10 within walking distance of each other. Old Mates Café, found opposite the excellent Sebastian’s Butchers on leafy Haynes Street, was one we’d never visited.
We stopped by the café (previously part of “The Merchant” chain) for coffee and cake one Friday morning. We noticed that the busy café was packed with people enjoying brunch. There are plenty of tables inside and out, we were lucky to snag a comfy booth.
The coffee is very good. I enjoyed mine served at the perfect temperature in a big mug.
The all day menu is served until 2pm daily. And there’s plenty of options in the cabinet to satisfy any sweet tooth sugary craving.
We ordered a slice of orange cake. This was lovely, very moist and also gluten free. We also shared a slice of chocolate brownie. This was dense and very fudgy.
While you’re in Kalamunda, why not explore the History Village, Zig Zag Cultural Centre, Kalamunda Library or Kalamunda Farmers Market’s (every Sunday morning) – these are all walking distance from Old Mate’s café. This lovely café is a great spot to catch up with your own mates for a cuppa – 7 days a week. The service is very pleasant, and with a smile. We’ll most certainly go back to Old Mate’s café to explore their menu further!
Find Old Mate’s Café at 42 Haynes Street, Kalamunda.
- Fremantle Library, Fremantle - January 18, 2022
- Mount St Breakfast Bar, Perth - January 13, 2022
- Escape This, Northbridge - January 13, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - January 8, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Albany - January 7, 2022
- Rockingham Foreshore - January 5, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 29, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Kimberley Tours from Broome & Kununurra - December 27, 2021
- The Packing Shed, Bickley Valley - December 27, 2021
- Where to Buy Indoor Plants in Perth - December 27, 2021