If you love a stroll along the ocean, or a refreshing dip in the sea, be sure to head to the redeveloped Rockingham Foreshore. The area has a laid-back feel and is a lovely place to spend a few hours on a sunny day. The main foreshore area has terraced seating, with colourful built-in sun lounges. This shaded spot would be a great place to put your feet up with a book – you could even pretend you were on an overseas holiday!
If you enjoy a swim, further north there are two pontoons to swim out to. Access via a ramp is easy, and public change rooms, toilets and showers are close by. Grandkids will love accessing the beach via a fun slide!
There is a long, flat footpath to stroll along and enjoy the view over the ocean to Garden Island. Plenty of benches can be found along the way if you’d like to linger a little longer to take in the stunning sea view. The Rockingham Foreshore is lined by Churchill Park. It’s green grassed areas, and shade from huge pine trees, make it a lovely place to bring along a picnic to enjoy, make use of the free BBQs or even grab a take away fish and chips to eat in the park. There’s plenty of play equipment too, if you have grandkids tagging along.
If you enjoy fishing, you may like to try your luck at catching a fish from the jetty.
Cafes and restaurants are plentiful at Rockingham Foreshore. There’s something to suit all tastes from burgers to tapas, seafood and gelato. There are a couple of gift shops to have a browse around too. There is plenty of street parking around the area, though it can get busy on weekends.
Find Rockingham Foreshore along Rockingham Beach Road.
- Fremantle Library, Fremantle - January 18, 2022
- Mount St Breakfast Bar, Perth - January 13, 2022
- Escape This, Northbridge - January 13, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - January 8, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Albany - January 7, 2022
- Rockingham Foreshore - January 5, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 29, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Kimberley Tours from Broome & Kununurra - December 27, 2021
- The Packing Shed, Bickley Valley - December 27, 2021
- Where to Buy Indoor Plants in Perth - December 27, 2021