There’s a brand new café in Kalamunda! Esther Cafe overlooks leafy Haynes Street, from its elevated position on the main street.
Found next to the Vault Restaurant, there’s a lot to this little café. As well as a great coffee spot, there’s a recycled clothing boutique and it also doubles as a training café. The Esther program trains young women that have been through tough experiences like abuse and eating disorders, in Baristering and Baking, helping them gain a certificate in Hospitality.
The coffee is excellent at Esther. They have loose leaf tea blends and plenty of other drinks too.
And what tasty and wholesome home baked goods they make! As well as an all day brunch menu, some of the tasty treats you’ll find at The Esther Café are hummingbird cake, chocolate beetroot cake, chocolate banana cake, the famous Esther brownie (GF) and much, much more.
There’s also vegetarian or meat sausage rolls and savoury muffins for those who don’t have a sweet tooth. My husband loved the gourmet beef sausage roll, it was huge!
I chose the poke bowl ($14). A healthy bowl brimming with free range chicken, organic brown rice, quinoa, roast pumpkin, feta, avo, salad and more! It was so fresh and tasty.
For little one’s there’s a small toy corner and a kids menu.
It’s dog friendly too and dogs are welcome to sit outside. Our daughters dog, Ruby, loved Esther Café too!
We really enjoyed Esther Café and will absolutely be back to try their baked goodies next time. I loved that I was doing something to help others and knowing when I pop the Esther Café for a cuppa, I’m not only treating myself, but helping a very worthy cause.
Address: 23 Haynes Street, Kalamunda.
Phone: 9368 6828
Disabled Access: Yes, there ramp up to the café.
Distance from Car Parking area: There is plenty of street parking available. This can be busy on market days (Sunday mornings).
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, there are highchairs, kid’s menus and a toy corner.
Dog Friendly: Yes, in the outside area. Water bowls are available.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020