Donnybrook, is a lovely agriculture-based town to visit on a trip in Western Australia’s south west. Well known for its vast apple orchards there’s plenty to do. Be sure to take a wander down the bustling main street that’s lined with giant apples.
Here you’ll find a couple of watering holes, like the refurbished Donnybrook Hotel.
As well as a delicious country bakery. The Big Apple Donnybrook Bakery smelled heavenly.
There are lots of fresh baked goodies to choose from. It’s even open from 5am 7 days a week. Perfect for early morning travelers.
If you want to delve a little deeper, head to the Tourist Information Centre which is found at the old railway station.
Within the same precinct, there’s a nice café (PARK), that has a large grassed area with garden games.
The cabinet treats look delicious.
If you have grandchildren along for the ride, they will LOVE a visit to the town’s central Apple Fun Park. The Donnybrook Apple Fun Park was once the largest free entry playground in Australia. This beloved playground was redeveloped in October 2021. The Apple Fun Park and bike park has something for children of all ages from tiny tots to teens. The fully fenced playground has a big red tractor, multi-level climbing tower complete with big twisty slides, rope bridges and much more. There’s a flying fox too!
At the side of the playground is a large covered picnic area, as well as public toilets. Here you’ll find picnic tables, electric BBQs, water fountains and a grassy area perfect for throwing down a picnic blanket. The Apple Fun Park is so amazing kids will never want to leave! Find out more here.
If you’re into getting active in the great outdoors, you can also walk/ride sections of the iconic Bibbulmun Track and Munda Biddi Trail in the area. For those that live in the most southern suburbs of Perth, you could take a day trip to Donnybrook. The lovely country town is also a great place to stop on the way to Bridgetown, Manjimup or Pemberton.
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022