The Karri Forest Explorer Drive takes you through the Pemberton regions stunning karri forests. The winding drive through the tall trees takes in wineries, the Gloucester Tree, Beedelup Falls and Big Brook Dam, near Pemberton.
If you love the great outdoors, Big Brook Dam truly has something for everyone to get stuck into, from easy bushwalks, to canoeing and kayaking, to fishing, swimming and biking. The dam was built in the 1980s to top up Pemberton’s water supply and also to supplement the Trout Hatchery. The beautiful spot is also a great place to enjoy the great outdoors.
There’s plenty of parking. Near the main car park are lots of information boards about the walking trails and the wildlife that you will most likely spot if you keep your eyes peeled. We spied many splendid blue fairy wrens. They are just beautiful!
Pretend you’re at the seaside, and sit on the sandy white beach. In warm months, this pretty as a picture beach is a popular swimming and picnicking spot. Though the water is cool year-round.
The Big Brook Dam Walk Track loop bush track, a 4km trail follows the shores around the dam. The smooth surface allows for easy stroller, bike and wheelchair access. If you want to cast your fishing rod into the lake, first you’ll need to obtain a freshwater license. Here you can catch a delicious trout and marron in season. Dogs are allowed at the dam on a leash. though not around the beach area.
Be sure to visit Big Brook Dam Pemberton for a peaceful day surrounded by nature in the Southern Forests.
Big Brook Dam is found about 4kms out of Pemberton. Follow the signs from Golf Links Road.
Discover more things to do with kids in Pemberton and the Southern Forests here.
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022
- Gidgegannup Bakery and Café, Gidgegannup - June 30, 2022
- Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Garden and Farmers Market - June 26, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - June 24, 2022
- Lesmurdie Falls – Everything You Need to Know - June 8, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 8, 2022
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 23, 2022