Do you love to try something a little different when dining out? Furaibo, in Perth’s CBD, is a casual Japanese-style restaurant and bar. Downstairs is a bustling bar, serving up bar snacks, Japanese beer and cocktails, while upstairs is a sophisticated dining room.
For spring 2021, they are offering a set menu special for $85 per person. This includes 4 courses, including a hot pot main, where you cook your own meal! For those not familiar with using chopsticks, there are some easy “kids” chopsticks to use too.
As well as all the usual suspects on the drinks menu, you can immerse yourself into the full Japanese experience with a sake tasting board. For $35 per person, taste five 30ml nips of premium Japanese sake, complete with tasting notes. Some of these nips are poured from expensive bottles.
First course is a creamy pumpkin soup, onion crème and fish roe.
If you love raw fish, you will be sure to enjoy the chef’s selection of premium sashimi at Furaibo. The day we dined it included cuts of kingfish, yellowtail, salmon and tuna. Served with pickled ginger, hot wasabi and soy sauce, this fish is incredibly fresh.
Now to the really exciting “Shabu Shabu” course (or hot pot). This means “Swish Swish”, as you pop in the ingredients to the pot of water on the gas cooker and swish them around with chopsticks. From the platter, you choose premium wagu slices, various vegetables (Asian greens, cabbage, carrot, mushrooms), noodles, and tofu to cook in the hot water.
The wagu steak only needs cooking for seconds, before being dipped in sesame sauce, house ponzu and other accompaniments. Delicious!
For dessert, a greet-tea matcha rice pudding is a lovely way to finish our meal on a very tasty note.
Shabu Shabu is quite an experience at Furaibo. The restaurant also offers al la carte dining and is considered one of Perth’s premium Japanese eateries.
Find Furaibo at Raine Square, 300 Murray St, Perth CBD.
Get more information on their website.
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021
- Country Day Trips from Perth - September 2, 2021
- Little Guildford, Guildford - August 24, 2021
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, West Swan - August 24, 2021
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - August 17, 2021
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 17, 2021
- Food Box Delivery Services in Perth - August 16, 2021
- Cooking Schools & Cooking Classes in Perth - August 10, 2021