Lion Thai Joondalup Review
Lion Thai Restaurant has been the go-to Thai restaurant in Joondalup for the past 11 years and it is set to delight locals even more as it has moved location from Boas Avenue to a larger, more comfortable venue on the corner of Davidson Terrace in Joondalup.
Lion Thai has been our favourite Thai restaurant for the past 4 years. The food is authentically Thai and is always fresh and incredibly tasty with the right amount of heat. But in those 4 years, we have always opted to pick up a takeaway rather than dine-in as the previous venue was small and the acoustics made the venue quite noisy. Happily, the new location offers the perfect ambience to an enjoyable dining experience.
Lion Thai is a family run business and the owner and head chef is originally from North Thailand.
The Chicken Panang curry is a must-order for us and definitely compares favourably with the Panang curries that we have eaten on our travels around Thailand.
We also can’t go past the Beef Basil in which the beef is always tender and the accompanying vegetables fresh and crisp.
You’ll find many other favourites on the menu such as Massaman Beef Curry, Prik Khing Duck and Ginger Fish. There is also a small range of changing specials. Prices range from $17.90 – $25.90 for a main dish and $8.90 – $10.90 for an entree of which the menu features Satay Chicken, Spring Rolls and Fish Cakes.
The venue is not licenced but you can BYO alcohol at a charge of $2 per person. All the dishes on the menu can be ordered for takeaway and attract a discount of 5% off the price.
Service is always quick and friendly and it is advisable to book on the weekend as they do get busy.
Lion Thai is open Tuesday – Saturday 5pm – 10pm and Sunday 5pm – 9pm.
27 Davidson Terrace, Joondalup
08 9301 5229
- HALO Rooftop Tour at Optus Stadium - June 11, 2021
- What is the WA Seniors Card and How Do I Get One? - June 4, 2021
- Playschool: Celebrating 50 Years Exhibition, Wanneroo - May 28, 2021
- WA Day Events 2021 - May 24, 2021
- Easiest Way to Find Trusted Removalists Perth - April 22, 2021
- Shining the Light: The Story of Us – Australia Day Festival - January 23, 2021
- Lion Thai, Joondalup - December 18, 2020
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - December 3, 2020
- Cycle Path Emu Point to Middleton Beach, Albany - April 19, 2019