If you are looking for a good night out, listening to excellent musicians and enjoying a dance or three then don’t miss the next Northern Blues N Roots night at the Wanneroo Tavern.
Twin Cities radio presenter Derek Cromb introduces bands from WA and over East as well as the Club’s house band on the first Thursday of every month.
We booked a table through the Wanneroo Tavern for the club’s June evening and what a good night was had by all.
First up was The Night Herons who have been on the Perth Blues scene for a long time. Peter Romano and Mark Constable entertained us with good vocals, guitars, harmonicas and foot percussion.
Next up was the Big Town Players who played Chicago style rhythm and blues that had everyone on the dance floor. A special favourite was frontman and vocalist Howie Smallman on harmonica.
Last act of the evening was On the Level, the club’s house band who bill themselves as Perth’s premier rocking boogie band and they certainly lived up to their billing. A special guest during this gig was electric guitar virtuoso Trever Jalla who got a standing ovation from the audience.
There is a bar in the function room and food can also be ordered there.
The Northern Blues N Roots club tends to attract a senior audience with a few younger people joining in.
Address: Wanneroo Tavern, 18 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo
Phone: 08 9405 2777
Cost: $15 – pay at door
Opening hours: First Thursday of the month 7pm-11pm
Entertainment Book: 25% off total food bill up to $50
- Hazel’s Isolation Diary Part 2 - March 27, 2020
- Hazel’s Isolation Diary Part 1 - March 27, 2020
- Brika, Perth - February 14, 2020
- Dusit Dheva, Hillarys - January 31, 2020
- The Gentlemen, Film Review - January 31, 2020
- Pan Pacific Perth - January 31, 2020
- Luna Palace Cinemas - January 17, 2020
- Siena’s Leederville - January 17, 2020
- Oceans 27, Alkimos - December 6, 2019
- Flight Experience, Northbridge - November 22, 2019