I enjoyed a decadent High Tea at the 5 star Hyatt Perth hotel. High tea is the perfect reason for a catch up with friends or family, over some delicious food, a good cuppa, or even a glass of bubbles.
The Hyatt’s high tea is served under the conservatory atrium, by the grand elephant fountain. First, we’re served our drinks. My daughter enjoyed a cocktail, while I opted for a non-alcoholic fruity mocktail.
Next we devour pre-high tea appetisers, to warm up our tastebuds. The menu changes now and then. When we visited, we enjoyed (R-L) a juicy giant tempura prawn, mushroom tart and a crisp croquette.
Of course, no high tea is complete without the actual tea! At the Hyatt they pour Tea Forte loose leaf English breakfast from Royal Albert teapots. The floral tea service that they use is absolutely exquisite.
Then came the tiered platter, filled with all sorts of savoury and sweet morsels. I start with the savoury finger sandwiches, smoked salmon canapés, and mini chicken wraps.
On the sweet tiers are light and fluffy scones, strawberry lamingtons, red velvet cake, pavlova, orange and almond cake, fruit tarts and lots more.
Hyatt Regency Perth offers a Rosé High Tea experience each weekend, noon until 2pm. Glass of Chandon Brut Rosé on arrival. The Hyatt also caters for people with gluten intolerances too.
The High Tea at the Hyatt is delicious way to spend an afternoon. What a treat!
Address: 99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth CBD.
Phone: 9225 1239
High Tea Available: Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 2pm
Parking: The paid carpark is found under the Hyatt, entrance from the river side.
Find more places to eat out in Perth here.
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - August 31, 2020
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 21, 2020
- Riverbank Estate, Caversham - August 19, 2020
- Cup Cup and Away, Roleystone - August 17, 2020
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020