When driving through the Swan Valley, we discovered a spot we’ve never visited before… Swan Valley Station. The garden centre has a well stocked gift shop and a café, plus a new the Marron Lake and Sculpture Trail. Grandchildren will enjoy exploring the play area, as well as meeting friendly farm animals.
The small garden centre has a range of plants to suit every garden. There’s herbs, succulents, trees, shrubs, indoor plants and much more. A range of locally made fertiliser is also for sale.
The gift shop is a good spot to find a locally made gift. There’s candles, gourmet condiments, homewares, decorations, soaps and more.
Outside there’s a wide range of garden art, pots, statues, windmills, water features and decorative wall hangings.
The small café has tea, coffee and juices to enjoy. On the menu is lots of fresh sweet and savory foods to choose from in the cabinet.
There’s tables on the covered verandah, as well as on the lawn and under the shady trees.
In April 2022 a new addition has opened at Swan Valley Station – the Marron Lake and Sculpture Trail.
The easy walk around the small dam is flat, though gravelly. The sculptures includes life-sized horses, cows, kangaroos, crocodiles, dogs and a giant marron in the middle of the dam. Some of these sculptures are very valuable.
The shaded playground has lots to entertain children. The sand based play area has slides, traditional swings, a nest swing, lots of climbing frames, a cubby house and a boat too.
Children will love to say hi to the farm animals. There’s chickens, a rooster, donkeys and goats. Trixie and Prue, the friendly donkeys, will enjoy a pat. Well behaved dogs are welcome at Swan Valley Station on leads.
Swan Valley Station, found just off West Swan Road, is well worth popping by for a look.
Find Swan Valley Station at 60 Forest Road, Henley Brook.
Thursday – Sunday inclusive: 9am – 4pm
Public holidays: 9am – 4pm
Closed Christmas Day / Boxing Day / Good Friday
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022
- Gidgegannup Bakery and Café, Gidgegannup - June 30, 2022
- Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Garden and Farmers Market - June 26, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - June 24, 2022
- Lesmurdie Falls – Everything You Need to Know - June 8, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 8, 2022
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 23, 2022