What a find! Travelling early in the day to try some new wineries in the Swan Valley before lunch, we came across the Cottage Tearooms which is next to the Black Swan winery.
It’s a real gem of a place. Originally a farmhouse, renovations have retained the 50s style look with several rooms inside. One of the restrooms even looks to have been a laundry in its previous life.
Sitting at one of the many outside tables in the sun or in the shade of the trees, enjoying the food, which is all baked on the premises, is a delight.
As we were booked for lunch later, we only indulged in a scone with the requisite jam and cream of course but watched with envy as other customers tucked into waffles, cakes and sandwiches. The banoffee waffle with salted caramel looked particularly good on our neighbour’s plate.
However our scone ($4.90) was the best I have tasted in Perth. I do have a bit of a scone obsession, as I am so bad at making them myself!!
The Cottage Tearooms menu also includes quiches, frittatas and soup making it the ideal spot for a light lunch in the Valley.
High Tea is available for $35 per person during the week and $40 per person at the weekend. BYO corkage is $2. This feast includes savoury bites, cakes, pastries, macarons and scones.
It was interesting to browse the items for sale inside the Cottage Tearooms ranging from jams to hand creams and children’s clothing to home-wares.
There is a small play area for younger grandkids. Staff were very friendly, service was prompt and food was good – a winner all round. I highly recommend a stop here while taking visitors to the wineries or just as a treat for locals.
Yahava coffee and Adore tea is served at the Tearooms. Restrooms are easy to access with a ramp leading to the cottage. Parking can be limited as it is on a side road.
Address: 8560 West Swan Road, Henley Brook
Phone: 08 9296 6886
Reservations: Only for High Tea
Opening hours: Mon to Fri 10am-4pm, Sat and Sun 9am-5pm
Gluten-free options: On request
Vegetarian options: Yes
Entertainment Book: No
- Sealink Ferry, Rottnest - December 17, 2020
- WA Museum Boola Bardip - December 2, 2020
- Beerfarm, Margaret River - November 27, 2020
- The Goose Beach Bar and Kitchen, Busselton - November 20, 2020
- Cellar d’Or Wine Tours, Margaret River - November 13, 2020
- Abbey Beach Resort, Busselton - November 11, 2020
- Esplanade Hotel, Busselton - November 11, 2020
- Lulu La Delizia, Subiaco - October 22, 2020
- Whitfords Nodes Health and Wellbeing Hub - October 22, 2020
- Eaglestone Rock and Lake Brown, Wheatbelt - October 13, 2020