Upper Reach is a lovely boutique winery almost hidden away off the Great Northern Highway in Baskerville. It is a real haven in the Swan Valley – quiet with sweeping vineyard views, not to mention very nice wine.
We decided to take advantage of the warm Spring weather and booked lunch at the winery’s Riverbrook restaurant. Previously known as Broad’s restaurant, new management and a new chef took over several months ago and we were keen to try it out.
Riverbrook offers three grazing platters for two people to share at $65 each – a Tex Mex, a Mediterranean and an Indian – we opted for the Tex Mex. The menu also includes items such as lamb shanks ($30), Panko crumbed fish fillets ($28) and a Quinoa super salad ($24) as well as several starters.
According to the menu, the Tex Mex comprises sticky bourbon ribs, chicken quesadillas, battered onion rings, spicy buffalo wings, mac and cheese, chipotle dipping sauce, pan-fried beans with corn chips, tomato salsa and cornbread. I didn’t notice at the time however looking at my photos we were given grilled corn presumably in place of the mac and cheese and cornbread which were not on the plate.
The food was tasty although messy to eat. The quesadillas were delicious and my husband enjoyed the ribs however I didn’t feel it was good value for money. Seating on the balcony is limited but is the nicest option.
We will, of course, go again but next time will probably order a main meal each instead of a grazing platter.
There is a large grassed area that younger grandkids would enjoy running around in.
Toilets are outside away from the restaurant and reached by a set of stairs. There is wheelchair access by a longer route.
Parking is plentiful.
Address: 77 Memorial Avenue, Baskerville
Phone: 08 9296 3883
Reservations: Yes and recommended
Opening hours: Seven days for breakfast and lunch 9am-5pm
Gluten-free options: On request
Vegetarian options: Yes
Entertainment Book: No
- Sealink Ferry, Rottnest - December 17, 2020
- WA Museum Boola Bardip - December 2, 2020
- Beerfarm, Margaret River - November 27, 2020
- The Goose Beach Bar and Kitchen, Busselton - November 20, 2020
- Cellar d’Or Wine Tours, Margaret River - November 13, 2020
- Abbey Beach Resort, Busselton - November 11, 2020
- Esplanade Hotel, Busselton - November 11, 2020
- Lulu La Delizia, Subiaco - October 22, 2020
- Whitfords Nodes Health and Wellbeing Hub - October 22, 2020
- Eaglestone Rock and Lake Brown, Wheatbelt - October 13, 2020