Hidden behind a high wall just off Great Northern Highway is a quirky little cafe set in its own garden. Now I say garden, but I guess that depends on your idea of the word ‘Garden’. The garden at Taylor’s cafe is eclectic and rustic; filled with sculptures made from rusty old machinery and scrap metal, and mismatched furniture, it is possibly not for the person who enjoys formality but it has a very relaxing ambience and makes for an interesting visit; and lets be honest, who’s husband doesn’t enjoy fossicking around old machinery and tools!
The interior of the cafe is once again eclectic, with a homely feel. The cafe is a series of rooms filled with vintage furnishings, small and intimate, rather than the large open expanses that is more usual in modern cafes.
In the centre of the cafe is an art gallery showcasing the work of Jude Taylor. The gallery is a nice place to spend some time browsing the artwork and textiles which focus on WA wildflowers and are available for purchase. The is also a vintage shop adjacent to the cafe where you can while away a good hour or more.
The cafes menu centres on fresh, locally grown and organic food and changes with the seasons, and what is available in the garden. There are also lots of choices available if you have a vegetarian or vegan diet, or if you are gluten or dairy intolerant. If you are a cake lover then you are in for a treat: the cake fridge is overflowing with homemade treats to tempt you.
Taylor’s is a great place for a leisurely breakfast or lunch, or to meet friends for morning or afternoon tea, and if you have a pooch you’ll be happy to know they also welcome dogs.
Taylor’s Art and Coffee House
510 Great Northern Highway, Middle Swan
PH: 0447 441 223
Hours: Closed Mondays
Tuesday – Sunday. 7.30am – 4pm
Closed Public Holidays
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- ST.ALi Italian Film Festival 2020 - September 16, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020
- The Call of the Wild, Movie Review - February 21, 2020
- Big 4 Emu Beach, Albany - January 17, 2020
- La Sosta, Fremantle - January 17, 2020