Good starters and tasty main courses for just over $21 a head – that’s definitely a bargain!
Krayaharn Thai restaurant in the Marmion Village shopping centre is well-known to locals and obviously much appreciated as it is in its 17th year of operation. It’s BYO and takeaways are available.
Together with six friends we visited on a quiet Sunday evening to enjoy the food and the good service.
One of our party managed to knock over a glass of red wine before we ordered and our server mopped up the spill and joked with us, continuing to give us excellent service the whole evening. As we were sharing the food, the items were brought out singly but quickly with enough rice included for all of us.
We started with share plates of fish cakes served with dipping sauce, meat spring rolls and vegetarian spring rolls. Each dish had four pieces and cost $8.50.
Our main course of six meals ranged from Chicken pad Thai ($16.90) green curry ($18.90), Prik Sod lamb (stir-fried with chilli and basil) $20.90 and Beef pagang nua (red curry paste, coconut milk, fresh basil and peanuts) $18.90 as well as the hit of the evening – Pla Rard Khing (deep-fried fish with sliced ginger and soya sauce) $21.90. Our total bill (for eight people) came to $171.50 plus $5 corkage per bottle of wine.
We had a lovely evening. It was quiet as trade is not busy on a Sunday night, there is plenty of space between tables and there’s not much ambience but more importantly we enjoyed tasty, good value meals.
Parking is plentiful with several ACROD spaces.
Address: Marmion Village Shopping Centre, Sheppard Way, Duncraig.
Phone: 08 9243 0323
Opening hours: 5pm-10pm Closed Mondays.
Gluten-free options: Yes
Vegetarian options: Yes
Entertainment Book: No
Facebook page: Krayaharn Thai Cuisine
- White Salt, Sorrento - July 9, 2020
- Zamia Trail, Bold Park - July 6, 2020
- Victoria Reservoir and Mason Bird Heritage Loop Trail, Canning Mills - June 11, 2020
- Hazel’s Isolation Dairy Part 3 - April 2, 2020
- Hazel’s Isolation Diary Part 2 - March 27, 2020
- Hazel’s Isolation Diary Part 1 - March 27, 2020
- Brika, Perth - February 14, 2020
- Dusit Dheva, Hillarys - January 31, 2020
- The Gentlemen, Film Review - January 31, 2020
- Pan Pacific Perth - January 31, 2020