Overlooking the boats bobbing on the blue waters of Two Rocks Marina, you’ll find The Pickled Herring. My family and I stopped by the licenced restaurant for lunch. We happened to be in the area on a Sunday drive.
We’d not been there for decades and was a little sad to see that the old Atlantis Marine Park was fenced off and had not been redeveloped, though King Neptune still sits proudly on the hilltop. There’s a smaller version of him just near the restaurant too!
There’s seating inside and out.
Though it was sunny, the sea breeze was fresh, so we opted to sit inside, where there’s plenty of tables and comfortable lounge seating.
The food offering would best be described as “Modern Australian” and the menu range from burgers and roasts, to pork belly, fish and chips, parmis and seafood platters. Sweet treats are available from the cabinet any time of day. There’s a selection of cakes, pastries, and more.
Being by the ocean, I fancied fish and ordered fish of the day. The king snapper was served with buttered new potatoes and wilted spinach. The fish was very tasty, but a little overcooked unfortunately.
My husband opted for the traditional Sunday roast, a bargain at just $20 (or $25 with a glass of house wine). The tasty roast beef was accompanied by roast potatoes, steamed veg and a Yorkshire pudding – all covered in lashings of gravy.
All in All
The restaurant has very friendly staff and a stunning view from the outside tables. If you live in the area and like a simple, inexpensive meal, then this spot is for you. Senior Card Holders have a bonus 10% discount.
Address: Two Rocks Shopping Centre, 5 Enterprise Ave, Two Rocks
Senior Card Discount – Yes 10%
Disabled Access: Yes, ramps from the car park, though it is a short walk.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, kids menu and toys.
Dog Friendly: Dogs are welcome to sit at the outside tables.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021