If you are embarking on a road trip to Albany or Denmark, you’ll need to find a spot or two to stop. A great place to stop and stretch your legs is the Williams Woolshed. Found about 2 hours’ drive, south east of Perth, on Albany Highway. Here you can enjoy a bite to eat at the café, have a wander around the small boutique shops or take a walk through the WA shearing display.
There are breakfast options, lunch goodies (the café offers an assortment of homemade pies and sausage rolls) as well as a children’s menu. Tea, coffee and cool drinks are also available. If you are stopping by for morning or afternoon tea, a large range of fresh cakes are found in the cabinet. The café is also licensed. There’s plenty of seating inside, and also shaded tables outside.
I found a walk around the shops most enjoyable. You’ll find everything from clothing and gifts to kitchenware and children’s items too.
For the foodies there’s locally made preserves and sweets. Wines from the great southern region are also featured.
Of course, most of the clothing is made from wool, and there are Ugg boots for sale too.
A must on a long drive is to take a loo stop. I’m pleased to report that the toilets were clean and very well maintained. The public toilets at Williams lions Park are also very well kept.
Located out the back is the Shearing yarn shed. This is an interesting and interactive walk-through display showing the past, present and future of Western Australian shearing.
The Williams Woolshed is a must stop on any trip to the Great southern region of WA.
Williams woolshed is found at 48 Albany Highway, Williams.
- Eneabba - February 26, 2021
- The Seniorocity Guide to Geraldton - February 26, 2021
- HMAS Sydney II Memorial, Geraldton - February 17, 2021
- Salt Dish Cafe, Geraldton - February 17, 2021
- Cooee, West Perth - February 15, 2021
- The Kiosk Fremantle - February 15, 2021
- Taphouse at Mulberry Estate, Caversham - February 10, 2021
- Landsdale Plants, Darch - February 10, 2021
- Railway Reserves Heritage Trail, Mundaring - January 31, 2021
- The Mallard Duck, Henley Brook - January 30, 2021