The Venetian Carousel at Elizabeth Quay is not just for children! Set you inner child free and take a spin on this magical carousel. Horses adorned with feather plumes prance under a traditional canopy that is covered with exquisite Venetian art work.
The carousel was built and hand painted in Italy, then imported to Perth. It’s been delighting young and old at Elizabeth Quay since 2016. Purchase tickets from the ornate ticket kiosk. Tickets cost $6 each or $15 for 3 tickets.
My grandson and I didn’t wait very long at all, then we were let through the gate to find a horse. There are solid stirrups for stepping onto the horse. Each colourful horse has a safety belt, if you wish to use it, it can be adjusted for different sizes.
If you’d prefer something a little more sedate, there are also a few benches and chairs to sit on.
Equally, if you’re a thrill seeker, you may enjoy the spinning tea cups. My 9 year old grandson headed straight for this and spun the cup faster and faster! Every detail has been meticulously covered, from real hair tails to silver horseshoes under their hooves and enchanting, traditional carousel music. It truly is a moving piece of art.
This Carousel is suitable for people aged 1 to 101! I sometimes suffer from vertigo, but found the speed of the carousel did not make me feel dizzy at all. It is advised as long as you’re in good health and free from heart conditions, back or neck injuries, then you can ride. If you’re taking grandchildren along, riders under 1.1m in height are free and must be accompanied by an adult.
The Elizabeth Quay Carousel is found in between V Burger and the tall white “Spanda” art sculpture. What a wonderful ride for the young and young at heart!
Address: Elizabeth Quay, Geoffrey Bolton Avenue, Perth
Cost: Tickets cost $6 each or $15 for 3.
Credit card and eftpos facilities are available.
Open: 7 days, seasonal times vary
Disabled access: Yes, there is a wheelchair ramp, though not all wheelchair models are suited to the carousel.
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 20, 2020
- Skeetas, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- Café Fleur, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- The Little Nook, Darlington - October 28, 2020
- Museum of Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Goanna Golf, Bicton - October 8, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020