The historic Rose and Crown is one of our favourite pubs in Perth. As well as the Rose and Crown being such a beautiful venue, the food is consistently good. Dating back to 1841, the hotel is steeped in history, and its original features remain throughout.
There are plenty of dining options; the Stables Kitchen serves wood-fired pizzas and bar meals, the Posh Convict restaurant has a bar and lounge area, the cellar bar, the formal 1841 restaurant with its open fireplaces, and the Garden, for alfresco dining in the large leafy courtyard.
The beer garden/paved courtyard often has live entertainment on weekends and is a delightful spot to sit on a sunny day.
The cosy cellar has been restored and is found down a steep staircase. Down in the cellar you’ll find the old well.
We dined on a weekday, where the 1941 dining room was the only available indoor dining space. We love its ornate fireplaces, so it was a delight to take a seat in there.
Like many people we know, we’ve never had a bad meal here, so we had high hopes for our lunch. We were shown to our table by a friendly waitress and given the menu and wine list and the day’s specials. The menu has al the pub favourites – burgers, parmi, steak, salads, plus much more. My steak and Guinness pie ($28) was hearty and good value – I loved the pastry. Served with mash, wilted spinach, crispy sweet potato and gravy, it’s a perfect wintery dish to enjoy by the fire with a glass of red.
My daughter enjoyed a Thai yellow fish curry. The spicy curry was full of local fish and a generous amount of prawns. Garlic rice was served on the side.
Though the dessert menu sounded scrumptious, none of us had any room at all for sweets. Like I said, we’ve been to the Rose and Crown more times than I can count, and we’re sure to be repeat customers for many years to come.
Find the Rose and Crown at 105 Swan Street, Guildford
Discover more restaurants and cafes in Perth here.
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021
- Country Day Trips from Perth - September 2, 2021
- Little Guildford, Guildford - August 24, 2021
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, West Swan - August 24, 2021
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - August 17, 2021
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 17, 2021
- Food Box Delivery Services in Perth - August 16, 2021
- Cooking Schools & Cooking Classes in Perth - August 10, 2021