Both my husband and I enjoy a good read, and so we were delighted to discover the brilliant Millpoint Caffe Bookshop. Found in South Perth, just a short walk from the Swan River, this little café is well worth a visit.
The café is easy to find, with its eye catching purple exterior on Millpoint Road. The heritage building offers a few spots to enjoy a breakfast, morning tea or lunch. You can find a table or comfortable sofa amongst the books or eat in the main part of the café in the rear or the building, which has a covered alfresco dining area.
We found the bookshop area much quieter. Perfect for my husband with hearing aids. We had our grandson in tow, so found a table right next to the children’s section. He enjoyed having a good browse of the all the story books.
The independent book shop is packed with a range of fiction and non-fiction books for people of all ages. They specialise in contemporary fiction, but have a range of classics, kids, cooking, biographies and more. My husband found a classic to take home.
The café serves up breakfasts and lunches, as well as cakes and other sweet snacks. We enjoyed a Fiori coffee with morning tea, along with a few treats from the display cabinet.
My daughter enjoyed a gluten free berry cake, topped with redcurrants.
I loved the freshly made apple crumble.
The Millpoint Caffe Bookshop also welcomes book clubs. Independent book clubs are able to reserve the space – what a perfect spot for a book club meeting. Afterwards, we walked down Douglas Avenue to the Swan River for a stroll. It only takes about two minutes.
Bookings are recommended on the weekends, as the café can get very busy. At Millpoint Caffe Bookshop you can indulge in your love of a great read, cuppa, and food all at the same place.
Address: 254 Mill Point Road, South Perth.
Phone: 6117 5603
Open: 7 days – 8am to 4.30pm
Parking: There is some street parking available, otherwise walk up from the Coode Street carpark.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, kids menu and highchairs are available.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020