Pere Bakery in Gooseberry Hill, doesn’t have any signage, though is easily found next to the popular Embers restaurant. The bakery has been a Perth Hill’s favourite for long time. It was known as Le Croissant Du Moulin for many years and in recent times has been taken over by new owners (I believe the same as Embers) and renamed. As well as people stopping by for take away treats, many stop a little longer at the casual neighbourhood spot, which is ideal for spoiling yourself. There’s a tastebud tempting range of both sweet and savoury foods – bread, croissants, cakes, ready-made rolls and more that are all freshly made.
Stopping by for morning tea, we sat in the enclosed veranda area, where there’s plenty of tables. There’s a wood burner for chilly hills mornings too.
Dogs are welcome to sit in this area, water bowls are provided, as long as they’re on a lead.
We ordered a couple of cups of coffee to enjoy with our cakes.
I loved the creamy carrot cake.
My husband devoured a slice of berry pie.
A fudgy chocolate torte appeared to be the only gluten free option. My daughter enjoyed this, but would have liked more choice.
Pere Bakery in Gooseberry Hill seems to be very popular with locals. We’ll certainly be back for another sausage roll – we grabbed one for a lunch on the way home and it was so delicious.
Pere Bakery Gooseberry Hill – The Details
Address: 169 Railway Road, Gooseberry Hill, Perth Hills.
Phone: 9293 4345
Parking: Lots of parking spots right at the door.
Dog Friendly: Yes, in the enclosed outside area, on a leash.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020